Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2011

The first post is the hardest

How utterly terrifying it is to willfully put your own thoughts, opinions and ramblings into the public arena. It's not like I haven't had a blog before - I have. I've just never had the guts to actually tell anyone about it and so the only traffic I've ever had is, rather pathetically, me.

So. I'm going to really put myself out there. I've succumbed to Twitter (I think I prefer it to FB although I have already unfollowed one annoyingly prolific tweeter), I'm going to put my blog address on the bottom of emails, comment on other blogs rather than timidly lurking and build up that all important web presence. 

Because a strong web presence is pretty important if you're trying to get published. You need to be googleable in a good way, not a Saturday-night-you-tube-video-kind-of-way.

Having a twitter account and a blog isn't enough though. You have to update and post regularly, something I might struggle to do with a final edit of Rock-a-Lillie (my rom-com novel) to do and an eleven month old to entertain. Said eleven month old, Lady M, is a particularly boisterous and demanding baby so I certainly have my work cut out for me what with all the books on my shelves and trashy teen TV to watch...


No comments:

Post a Comment