Pages

Thursday 22 March 2012

I've only gone and done it

So, last week I finally submitted to two agents! Hurrah for me. Boo that I haven't heard a whisper back. Still. I have dipped my toe in the water, which is the hardest part. And it has only been ten days. Patience is one of the many things I don't have (it's up there with will power and being able to resist using sarcasm). 

And, you know what? All that angst about how I would have sleepless nights, smartphone clutched in my hand, checking for an email - rejection or otherwise - every five minutes, so that I could just go to friggin' sleep once I knew, for sure, that I had been rejected? Wasted. I kind of forgot about it. Weird.

I feel like sending it off has actually given me some kind of release - I've stopped stressing over it. Now I can enjoy re-jigging my synopsis and cover letter. I can wallow in those first three chapters and make them better, better, better! A goal post has been reached - there's no pressure any more and it feels really good. Like floating...


So, to celebrate I made myself one of those modern day type coffees (read: latte) in my china take out cup and baked some of those miso cookies I was talking about last time. I admit, I was a little sceptical but I have a tub of white miso to use up so I thought, what the heck and went for it.


I changed a couple of things - I substituted a third of the sugar for light muscovado and, true to form, added in some chocolate chunks (but only to a third of the mixture as I wasn't sure if it would work. It does). They are yum. And, crucially, not belt busting because they are so rich and dense with flavour that you couldn't eat more than two of them in a row. Well, I couldn't and I have a humongous capacity for sweet things. Next up are compost cookies - see here (and note the date of this blog - always late to the party, that's me!) - check out the masses of reviews and recipes sprawled all over the internet before you turn your nose up! I gotta say, after miso cookies, this seems like a logical progression to me. I will report back when they have been made and sampled.

We're also in the midst of potty training Lady M and bought her some pants. I'm not sure she's really got the right idea:
Just one pair of pants on my head, Mummy? Not enough! I need at least three...
Oh and by the way, the lovely Novelicious ladies are running a 'What an Agent Wants' series on their website - take a peek! They also have a rather wonderful competition for unpublished and 'un-agented' chick lit writers - deadline is pretty soon though, so you'll need to get your skates on if you want to enter! 


No comments:

Post a Comment